Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Cāṇakyarājanītiśāstra
Other related names
- Gāḍagila, Janārdanapanta, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6756018
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Treatise on ethics and politics and rules of conduct for kings according to dharma.
- Title from colophon (f. 32r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 32 leaves foliated 1-32, upper left and lower right verso.
- Watermarks of a bull and of three interlocking circles.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 11 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon: iti cāṇikye rājanītiśāstre ṣṭamo 'dhyāyaḥ // gāḍagilopanāmajanārdanapaṃtasya idaṃ pustakaṃ // śrīrāmacaṃdra // śrīgopālaṃ bhaja // (f. 32r).
- Formerly owned by Janārdanapanta Gāḍagila (f. 32r); likely the same owner as Item 2460, Item 2138 and others in Ms. Coll. 390, University of Pennsylvania, in which he is sometimes refered to as Janārdanapanta Bau Gāḍagila; possibly related to or the same person as Janārdana Koṇḍadeva Gāḍagila (former owner of manuscripts such as Ms. Coll 390, Item 1027 and Item 1467); he was likely from the village of Gāḍagī in present-day Jarakhand, India,
- Hindu ethics
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century