Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Cāṇakyarājanīti
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6759333
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a condensed version, essence (sāra), of this treatise on ethics, politics, and rules of conduct for kings according to dharma.
- Title from colophon; alternate title Cāṇakyasārasaṃgraha from notes on manuscript supporting board.
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated 1-12, upper left verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1886 (1829) (f. 12r).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; manuscript was previously bound and glued as a codex and text is oriented for turning the folios from right to left.
- Paper board for support with additional notes.
Extent1 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīcāṇakyarājanīti saṃpūrṇaṃ sa[ṃ]vat 1886 (f. 12r).
- Hindu ethics
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century