Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Manuṭīkā.
- Govindarāja (Son of Mādhava Bhaṭṭa)
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6775085
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a later copy of an 11th- or 12th-century commentary on the first chapter of the Manusmṛti, also known as the Mānavadharmaśāstra, a 1st-century work on Hindu law (dharma), rites, customs, and religious life of that period.
- Title from colophon (f. 17r); alternate title Manusmṛtiṭīkā from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 17 leaves foliated 1-17, upper left and lower right verso.
- Manuscript was originally part of a larger manuscript that included Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1605, Item 1606, Item 1607, Item 1608, Item 1609, Item 1610, Item 1611, Item 1612, Item 1613, Item 1614, and Item 1615.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some numbers highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
- One wooden cover with carved border for support.
Extent1 13 x 29 cm
ColophonColophon: iti bhaṭṭamādhavātmajagoviṃdarājavivaraṇe manuṭīkāyāprathamo 'dhyayaḥ 1 // (f. 17r).
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
fol. 17v-[Inside wooden board
3065_0017.tif (102.7 MB)
3065_0017_thumb.jpg (4.7 KB)
3065_0017_web.jpg (370.2 KB)
Outside wooden board
3065_0018.tif (53.5 MB)
3065_0018_thumb.jpg (2.7 KB)
3065_0018_web.jpg (219.2 KB)