Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 161 Sarvatobhadradevatāvāhana / सर्वतोभद्रदेवतावाहन
TitleSarvatobhadradevatāvāhana / सर्वतोभद्रदेवतावाहन
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 161
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970675713503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used and consulted by priests on the creation of a mystical diagram (maṇḍala) referred to in this text as Auspiciousness of all sides (sarvatobhadra), in order to draw the essence of a deity into an image, which will serve as the god's vehicle (vāhana) on earth. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v); alternate title Sarvatobhadramaṇḍala supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents in red throughout.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 10 x 22 cm
- Idols and images--India
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu gods
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 161: Sarvatobhadradevatāvāhana are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.