Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Smārtaprāyaścitta
- Divākara Bhaṭṭa
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6778263
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a treatise and manual for performing expiation and atonement (prāyaścitta) and the proper rites and rituals, such as fire sacrifice, to achieve these goals (such as the removal of sin or pāpa).
- Title from colophon (f. 26r).
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 26 leaves foliated 1-26, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Watermark of a fleur-de-lis.
Extent1 11 x 31 cm
ColophonColophon: iti smārttaprāyaścittāni likhittāni // (f. 26r).
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Atonement (Hinduism)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century