Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Prāyaścittenduśekhara
- Kāśīnātha Upādhyāya, -1805
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6780567
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a treatise and manual employed for consultation, reflection, and discussion and is a compendium of rites of expiation and atonement (prāyaścitta), such as fire sacrifice, to achieve goals such as the removal of sin or pāpa. Table of contents at the end of the manuscript (f. 75r).
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 75 leaves foliated 1-75, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
Extent1 11 x 32 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmadnaṃtoṣādhyāya sūnukāśīnāthopādhyāyaviracitaḥ sarvaprāyaścitatatatpratipadaukta prāyaścitādiprayogasārasaṃgrahaḥ samāptaḥ // śubham astu (f. 75r).
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Table of contents
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century