Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Dānaparibhāṣāprayoga
- Nīlakaṇṭha, active 17th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6810839
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a collection of Hindu laws (dharma) focusing on especially gift giving and other rites and ceremonies (example, fire sacrifice or agnihotra). Manuscript is incomplete.
- Title from internal colophon (f. 10r); alternate title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 9-12 lines per leaf.
- 33 leaves foliated 1-33, upper left and lower right verso.
- Internal colophon: iti śrībhaṭṭaśaṃkarātmajanīlakaṃṭhakṛte dānaparibhāṣāprayogaḥ (f. 10r).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 13 x 27 cm
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Gifts--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Agnihotra (Hindu rite)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century