Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Sāmānyapraghaṭṭaka
- Nārāyaṇa Bhaṭṭa, active 16th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6815476
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a compendium and guide used for consultation by those wanting to learn the benefits (such as liberation at death) of visiting pilgrimage centers in India and the rules and regulations (Hindu law, dharma) that govern them. Contains the introductory section, the Sāmānyapraghaṭṭaka, of a work titled Tristhalīsetu (Bridge to the three holy cities), which deals with three major centers: Kāśī (Varāṇasī), Prayāga (Allahabad), and Gayā. There is a numbered table of contents at the end of the manuscript (Part 2, f. 1-4)
- Title from colophon (f. 130r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 134 leaves foliated (Part 1) 1-130, (Part 2) 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1754 (1832) (f. 130r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Watermarks of G Dickenson 1826 and a coat of arms of Britannia.
Extent1 11 x 20 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmadvidvanmukuṭamāṇikyaśrīmadbhaṭṭarāmeśvarasūrisūnubhaṭṭanārāyaṇaviracite tristhalIsetausāmānyapraghaṭṭake prakīrṇatīrthagharmaprakaraṇaṃ samāptaṃ (f. 130r).
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Pilgrims and pilgrimages--India
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
fol. 130v-1r [=131r
3106_0130.tif (93.3 MB)
3106_0130_thumb.jpg (6.3 KB)
3106_0130_web.jpg (458.9 KB)
fol. 1v [=131v]-2r [=132r
3106_0131.tif (93.3 MB)
3106_0131_thumb.jpg (8.8 KB)
3106_0131_web.jpg (546.1 KB)
fol. 2v [=132v]-3r [=133r
3106_0132.tif (93.3 MB)
3106_0132_thumb.jpg (8.7 KB)
3106_0132_web.jpg (533.7 KB)
fol. 3v [=133v]-4r [=134r
3106_0133.tif (93.3 MB)
3106_0133_thumb.jpg (8.6 KB)
3106_0133_web.jpg (532.1 KB)