Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Śabdakaustubha.
- Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita
Other related names
- Janārdana, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6831780
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Section of the grammatical treatise and commentary that develops and expands on Patañjali's early work, the Mahābhāṣya (Great commentary), a treatment of Pāṇini's sūtras.
- Title from colophon (f. 32r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 32 leaves foliated 1-32, upper left and lower right verso.
- Scribe is Janārdana (f. 32r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; some folios treated with yellow turmeric powder to protect the manuscript from insects.
Extent1 29 x 11 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīśabdakaustubhe prathamādhyāyasya prathame pāde paṃcamānhikaṃ // (f. 32r).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century