Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Siddhāntakaumudī
- Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita
Other related names
- Nānāloti, Dāmodara, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6834986
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript used for consultation or teaching is an arrangement and commentary on the sūtras of the grammarian Pāṇini. It is part of the first section of text of the Siddhāntakaumudī, the Kṛdanta of the Uttarārdha.
- Title from colophon (f. 70r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 70 leaves foliated 1-70, upper left and lower right verso.
- Scribe is Dāmodara Nānāloti (f. 70r)
- Dated saṃvat 1919 (1862) and śaka 1721 (1799) (f. 70r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; blue European made paper.
- Watermarks with a partial name or company as well as the coat of arms of Britannia and the date 1863.
- Dated śaka 1721 and saṃvat 1919, dates that are not compatible with the śaka date corresponding to 1799 and the saṃvat date corresponding to 1862. This suggests that an error was made when they were written. This error is compounded further since there is also a watermark date of 1863, after the other two dates, hence the date assigned as after 1863.
Extent1 11 x 34 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaṭṭojidīkṣitaviracitāyāṃ siddhāṃtakaumudyāṃ uttarārdhāṃtaragata kṛdaṃtaprakaraṇaṃ samāptāṃ // (f. 70r).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century