Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Siddhāntakaumudī
- Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6848707
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript used for consultation or teaching is an arrangement of and commentary on the sūtras of the grammarian Pāṇini. It is part of the section of the text called the Kṛdanta and deals with word affixes (kṛt) and how meaning is changed (example, changing roots to nouns). Manuscript is incomplete.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf.
- 50 leaves foliated 1-50, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 10 x 30 cm
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Sanskrit language--Affixes
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century