Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Laghuśabdenduśekhara
- Nāgeśabhaṭṭa, active 1670-1750
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6860268
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is employed for consultation or teaching and is a grammatical commentary on Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita's Siddhāntakaumudī, particularly emphasizing religious aspects or qualities of traditional grammatical treatises as well as elevating the ancient grammarians such as Pāṇini and Patāñjali to a semi-divine status. The text comments on a section of Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita's work called the Kṛdanta and deals with word affixes (kṛt) and how meaning is changed (for example, changing roots to nouns).
- Title from colophon (f. 27r).
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 27 leaves foliated 1-27, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1831 (1774) (f. 27r).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 13 x 28 cm
ColophonColophon: ity upādhyāyopanāmakaśivabhaṭṭasutasatīgarbhajanāgojībhaṭṭakṛte laghuśabdeḍaśesvaresiddhāṃtakaumudīvyākhyāne kṛadaṃtavistarastuvṛhacchavdeṃdraśekharedaṣṭavyaḥ / saṃvat 1831 // (f. 27r).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar--Early works to 1800
- Sanskrit language--Affixes--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century