Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Laghusiddhāntakaumudī
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6871296
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is for consultation and study, especially for students learning Sanskrit grammar. Text is a super-commentary and is a rearrangement and abridgment of Pāṇini's grammar as interpreted by Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita. Manuscript comprises a sub-section of the larger work, possibly the Kṛdanta, which deals with suffixes.
- Title from colophon (f. 87v); alternate title Laghukaumundi from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 87 leaves foliated 1-87, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 12 x 27 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīcaviṭikaṃṭivaradarājabhaṭṭakṛtā laghusiddhāṃtakaumudīsaṃpūrṇā // (f. 87v).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century