Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Viśvasāroddhāra
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6889532
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a selection from a larger tantric work containing rites and prayers, that discusses the attainment of siddhis (perfections), levels of understanding and enlightenment associated with special powers. There is a table with Sanskrit characters in the first opening (f. i verso).
- Title from colophon (f. 5r); alternate title Śakunāvatī from title page (f. i recto).
- Written in 10-16 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated [i] 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line; some folios treated with red wash; cover has decorative border with triangles and flowers in red and black (f. i recto). The orientation of the text is similar to a Western codex reading from left to right.
Extent1 11 x 12 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīrudrayāmale viśvasāroddhāre kṣaraikāvalāsamāptā // 6 // śrīkṛṣṇārpaṇam (f. 5r).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Drawings (visual works)
- Tables (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
Table of contents
- Front cover 1 verso — Table, f. Front cover 1 verso
Front cover 1 recto
2962_0000.tif (19.5 MB)
2962_0000_thumb.jpg (7.2 KB)
2962_0000_web.jpg (468.4 KB)
Front cover 1 verso
2962_0001.tif (19.5 MB)
2962_0001_thumb.jpg (7.5 KB)
2962_0001_web.jpg (473.1 KB)
Section: Table, f. Front cover 1 verso