Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Makaranda
- Makarandācārya, active 1438-1478
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6911733
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Treatise on predictive Hindu astrology. There is a table with numbers and with headings about planetary bodies above each column. Manuscript is incomplete and lacks an ending.
- Title from abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red and black lines. Tables drawn with red lines
Extent1 12 x 27 cm
- Hindu astrology
- Hindu astronomy
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Tables (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
Table of contents
- fol. 5v-6r — Table, f. 5v
2985_0005.tif (93.9 MB)
2985_0005_thumb.jpg (9.1 KB)
2985_0005_web.jpg (600.1 KB)
Section: Table, f. 5v