Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1850 Praśnatantra / प्रश्नतन्त्र
TitlePraśnatantra / प्रश्नतन्त्र
- Nīlakaṇṭha, active 16th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1850
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9969133733503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Astrological treatise associated with Tantra and used for divining the future.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v).
- Written in 17-19 lines per leaf.
- 13 leaves foliated 1-13, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1673 (1751) (f. 13r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line on the opening folios.
Extent1 item (13 leaves) : 12 x 18 cm
- Hindu astrology--Early works to 1800
- Hindu astronomy--Early works to 1800
- Divination--India--Early works to 1800
- Tantrism--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1850: Praśnatantra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.