Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Praśnatantra
- Nīlakaṇṭha, active 16th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6913381
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a part of an astrological treatise associated with Tantra and yoga, used for divining the future, with an unidentified commentary.
- Title from marginal abbreviations.
- Written in 10-13 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Manuscript text is organized in the manner of a Western codex, though without a binding.
Extent1 13 x 26 cm
- Hindu astrology
- Hindu astronomy
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century