Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1854 Praśnatantra / प्रश्नतन्त्र
TitlePraśnatantra / प्रश्नतन्त्र
- Nīlakaṇṭha, active 16th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1854
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9969133813503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a part of an astrological treatise associated with Tantra and yoga, used for divining the future, with an unidentified commentary.
- Title from marginal abbreviations.
- Written in 10-13 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Manuscript text is organized in the manner of a Western codex, though without a binding.
Extent1 item (6 leaves) : 13 x 26 cm
- Hindu astrology
- Hindu astronomy
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1854: Praśnatantra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.