Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Koṣṭhakacintāmaṇi
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6957070
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Collection of tables (koṣṭhaka) functioning as a manual for calculating planetary movements and their joining into different astrological houses for the purpose of predicting and determining future events in a person's life.
- Title from colophon (f. 12v).
- Written in 14-16 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated 1-12, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1854 (1797) (f. 12v).
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant numbers in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line; tables marked with single red lines.
Extent1 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti sūryamahānakṣatrakoṣṭhakāri saṃkramaṇakoṣṭhakāni vasamāptāni saṃ(vat) 1854 vai - śru - 3 śanaulicīre śvaramahāta 9 (f. 12v).
- Hindu astrology--Early works to 1800
- Hindu astronomy--Early works to 1800
- Divination--India--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Tables (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
Table of contents
- fol. 1r — Tables throughout, f. 1r-f. 12v
3001_0000.tif (40.9 MB)
3001_0000_thumb.jpg (2.9 KB)
3001_0000_web.jpg (207.0 KB)
Section: Tables throughout, f. 1r-f. 12v