Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1886 Jātakālaṃkārakarman / जातकालंकारकर्मन्
TitleJātakālaṃkārakarman / जातकालंकारकर्मन्
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1886
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9969652463503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript presented as a dialogue between the goddess Pārvatī and her consort Śiva and is an astrological treatise, possibly a commentary on Gaṇeśadaivajña's Jātakālaṃkāra.
- Title from colophon (f. 4v).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 155 (f. 4v); this date is obviously wrong as the manuscript would then be from the first century A.D., long before paper was extensively used for writing in South Asia, so the date is more likely meant to be saṃvat 1855 (1798).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with triple black line.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 9 x 27 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībrahmavidyāni gamavākyatulyaṃ śukamukhagalitaṃ jātakālaṃkārakarmasamāptaṃ // (f. 4v).
- Hindu astrology
- Hindu astronomy
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1886: Jātakālaṃkārakarman are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.