Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Varṣalagnagraha
Other related names
- Rāmacandra Śukla, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6965264
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Astrological treatise on the movement of planets and their conjunction with other celestial bodies and the meaning this has for predictions made in a given year.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v).
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1786 (1729) (f. 11v).
- Scribe is Rāmacandra Śukla (f. 11v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables and numbers highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 11 x 19 cm
- Hindu astrology--Early works to 1800
- Hindu astronomy--Early works to 1800
- Divination--India--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century