Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1889 Varṣalagnagraha / वर्षलग्नग्रह
TitleVarṣalagnagraha / वर्षलग्नग्रह
Other related names
- Rāmacandra Śukla, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1889
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9969652643503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Astrological treatise on the movement of planets and their conjunction with other celestial bodies and the meaning this has for predictions made in a given year.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v).
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1786 (1729) (f. 11v).
- Scribe is Rāmacandra Śukla (f. 11v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables and numbers highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (11 leaves) : 11 x 19 cm
- Hindu astrology--Early works to 1800
- Hindu astronomy--Early works to 1800
- Divination--India--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1889: Varṣalagnagraha are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.