Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Yogabhāṣya
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 6980591
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is part of a larger work, the Patañjaliyogaśāstra, containing the commentarial portion of that text. It is a Hindu philosophical treatise and commentary on the Yoga and Sāṃkhya schools of philosophy attributed to the (likely) 4th century A.D. author Patañjali. Manuscript is incomplete.
- Title from marginal note (f. 1r); alternate title Patañjaliyogaśāstra from abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 13-15 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 12 x 25 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century