Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Śarabhakavacastotra
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7016173
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Devotional work praising the god Śiva in his manifestation as the Śarabha beast (well known in Hindu mythology), containing protective mantras (kavaca) employed in rites and prayers.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r); alternate title Śarabhadigbandhana from colophon (f. 4r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1881 and śaka 1746 (1824).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Watermarks with the name J. Rump.
Extent1 12 x 19 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śarabhadigbaṃdhanasamāptaḥ // (f. 4r).
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu mythology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century