Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1974 Śarabheśvaramantra / शरभेश्वरमन्त्र
TitleŚarabheśvaramantra / शरभेश्वरमन्त्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1974
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970162033503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Instructional work of devotion that focuses on the god Śiva in his manifestation as the Śarabha beast (well known in Hindu mythology), containing protective mantras (kavaca) employed in rites and prayers.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v); alternate title Śarabhanyāsadhyānavidhi from the original manuscript wrapper notes.
- Written in 5 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated after 1818 (based on watermark date).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
- Watermark with the name J. Whatman along with part of a coat of arms and the date 1818.
Extent1 item (10 leaves) : 12 x 19 cm
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mantras
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu mythology
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1974: Śarabheśvaramantra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.