Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Pārthivapūjāvidhi
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7016910
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manual and collection of mantras to be used during the worship (pūjā) of an earthen (pārthiva) liṅga, a special emblem of the Hindu deity Śiva. Manuscript is incomplete.
- Title supplied by cataloger; alternate title Pārthivaliṅgapūjā from text (f. 1r, line 12).
- Written in 21-23 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves.
- Dated after 1876 based on watermark.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Manuscript and text are oriented in a portrait rather than landscape format, with text parallel to the narrow edge of the leaf.
Extent1 21 x 11 cm
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Lingas (Śaivism)
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century