Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1984 Pārthivapūjāvidhi / पार्थिवपूजाविधि
TitlePārthivapūjāvidhi / पार्थिवपूजाविधि
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1984
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970169103503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual and collection of mantras to be used during the worship (pūjā) of an earthen (pārthiva) liṅga, a special emblem of the Hindu deity Śiva. Manuscript is incomplete.
- Title supplied by cataloger; alternate title Pārthivaliṅgapūjā from text (f. 1r, line 12).
- Written in 21-23 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves.
- Dated after 1876 based on watermark.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Manuscript and text are oriented in a portrait rather than landscape format, with text parallel to the narrow edge of the leaf.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 21 x 11 cm
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Lingas (Śaivism)
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1984: Pārthivapūjāvidhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.