Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1997 Rudrākṣamahimānāma / रुद्राक्षमहिमानाम
TitleRudrākṣamahimānāma / रुद्राक्षमहिमानाम
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 1997
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970393823503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript contains adhyāyas 1-25 of a larger work called the Śivarahasya, which is itself part of a work on Tantra called the Rudrayāmalatantra. It is dedicated to the praise and veneration of the Hindu deity Śiva, especially in his form of Rudra (the howler). Presented as a discourse between Śiva and his divine son Skanda (also known as Kārttikeya).
- Formerly likely part of the same larger manuscript as Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1998.
- Title from colophon (f. 49r).
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 49 leaves foliated 1-49, upper left and lower right verso.
- A single wooden board supports the manuscript.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant words, letters, phrases are highlighted in red.
Extent1 item (49 leaves) : 12 x 28 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīśivarahasye daśamāṃśe rudrākṣamahimānāmapaṃcaviśodhyāyaḥ śrīviśveśvarārarpaṇamastu // (f. 49r).
- Hinduism--Prayers and devotions
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Kārttikeya (Hindu deity)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 1997: Rudrākṣamahimānāma are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
fol. 49v-[Inside wooden board
3304_0049.tif (111.9 MB)
3304_0049_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
3304_0049_web.jpg (359.2 KB)
Outside wooden board
3304_0050.tif (58.2 MB)
3304_0050_thumb.jpg (2.7 KB)
3304_0050_web.jpg (209.2 KB)