Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2007 Gāyatrībhāṣya / गायत्रीभाष्य
TitleGāyatrībhāṣya / गायत्रीभाष्य
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2007
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970391463503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Treatise on the hymn of the Gāyatrī mantra (serving both as deity and type of verse), specifically on its verses from the Ṛgveda.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r); alternate title Gāyatryarthapradīpikā supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 10 x 16 cm
- Gāyatrī (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mantras
- Hindu hymns
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2007: Gāyatrībhāṣya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.