Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2013 Rudrabhāṣya / रुद्रभाष्य
TitleRudrabhāṣya / रुद्रभाष्य
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2013
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970656543503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Commentary on an ancient Vedic work, the Śatarudriya, dedicated to the Vedic god Rudra, an antecedent to the Hindu deity Śiva, and considered to be part of the Taittirīyasaṃhitā of the Yajurveda. Makes inquiries into the nature of the Hindu deity Śiva. Possibly connected to the Jñanavajña by Bhāskaramiśra. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title written in margins.
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-12, [13-16], upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some additions and corrections in margins.
Extent1 item (16 leaves) : 14 x 35 cm
- Rudra (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2013: Rudrabhāṣya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.