Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Rudranāmāvalī
- Bhaṭṭa Purāṇīka, Bālakṛṣṇa (Son of Nārāyaṇa)
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7065656
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a section of the Śivarayasya, a purāṇic-style, Tantric work. Text highlights the veneration of Śiva and especially his Vedic manifestation of Rudra, the Howler, through the employment of Vedic mantras. There is a post-colophon addition to the text (f. 10r-10v), also part of the Śivarayasya and dedicated to Rudra.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; alternate title Rudramantravibhāgavidhi from colophon (f. 10r).
- Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, lower right verso.
- Scribe is Bālakṛṣṇa Bhaṭṭa Purāṇīka, son of Nārāyaṇa Bhaṭṭa Purāṇīka (f. 10r).
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; numerous corrections and additions in margins; accents to aid recitation in red.
Extent1 10 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śivarahasyoktarudramaṃtravibhāgavidhisamāptaḥ // (f. 10r).
- Rudra (Hindu deity)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Hinduism--Prayers and devotions
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century