Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2014 Rudranāmāvalī / रुद्रनामावली
TitleRudranāmāvalī / रुद्रनामावली
- Bhaṭṭa Purāṇīka, Bālakṛṣṇa (Son of Nārāyaṇa)
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2014
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970656563503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a section of the Śivarayasya, a purāṇic-style, Tantric work. Text highlights the veneration of Śiva and especially his Vedic manifestation of Rudra, the Howler, through the employment of Vedic mantras. There is a post-colophon addition to the text (f. 10r-10v), also part of the Śivarayasya and dedicated to Rudra.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; alternate title Rudramantravibhāgavidhi from colophon (f. 10r).
- Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, lower right verso.
- Scribe is Bālakṛṣṇa Bhaṭṭa Purāṇīka, son of Nārāyaṇa Bhaṭṭa Purāṇīka (f. 10r).
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; numerous corrections and additions in margins; accents to aid recitation in red.
Extent1 item (10 leaves) : 10 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śivarahasyoktarudramaṃtravibhāgavidhisamāptaḥ // (f. 10r).
- Rudra (Hindu deity)
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Hinduism--Prayers and devotions
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2014: Rudranāmāvalī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.