Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Pañcamāraṇyaka
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7065668
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Canonical Hindu text deals with symbolic interpretation of the Vedic sacrifice and functions as an ancient commentary on Vedic hymns and as a ritual manual.
- Title from colophon (f. 68r).
- Written in 6-7 lines per leaf.
- 68 leaves foliated 1-68, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line filled in with a yellow wash.
Extent1 9 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: iti paṃcamāraṇyake tṛtīyo 'dhyāyaḥ // iti paṃcamāraṇyakaṃ samāptaṃ // śubham astu // (f. 68r).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century