Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2024 Śrīsūkta / श्रीसूक्त
TitleŚrīsūkta / श्रीसूक्त
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2024
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970676603503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Hymn praising Lakṣmī (known as Śrī), the goddess of wealth. Part of a group of texts appended to the Ṛgveda known as the khila (filling in gaps and considered apocryphal), not found in the original text but thought to be very early.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 6 lines per leaf.
- 6 leaves foliated 1-6, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; metrical accents to help in recitation in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (6 leaves) : 8 x 16 cm
- Lakshmi (Hindu deity)
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2024: Śrīsūkta are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.