Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2037 Śrīsūkta / श्रीसूक्त
TitleŚrīsūkta / श्रीसूक्त
Other related names
- Bhāskara, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2037
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970784093503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Hymn praising Lakṣmī (known as Śrī), the goddess of wealth. Part of a group of texts appended to the Ṛgveda known as the khila (filling in gaps and considered apocryphal), not found in the original text but thought to be very early.
- Title from colophon (f. 4v).
- Dated śaka 1739 (1817) (f. 4v).
- Written in 7-10 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins in black and red; metrical accents in red throughout for recitation; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Scribe is Bhāskara (f. 4v).
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 11 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: śrīsūkta saṃpātaḥ // (f. 4v).
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Lakshmi (Hindu deity)
- Prayers (documents)
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2037: Śrīsūkta are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.