Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2038\ Saura / सौर
TitleSaura / सौर
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2038\
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970784143503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Vedic hymn dedicated to the sun personified as a deity (Sūrya).
- Title from end title page (f. 10v); alternate title Saurasūkta supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents added in red at the beginning for recitation, but are incomplete; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Watermarks of a coat of arms.
Extent1 item (10 leaves) : 11 x 16 cm
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Sūrya (Hindu deity)
- Prayers (documents)
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2038\: Saura are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.