Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Vedanāsikāśikṣā
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7078448
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a short grammatical treatise that comments on the grammatical structure of Vedic hymns and is considered part of Vedic supplementary literature, the Vedāṅga. Manuscript begins with the fourth chapter of Pāṇini's complete work but likely represents a particular short recension, reconfiguration, or selection of the larger work.
- Title from colophon (f. 4v); alternate title Śikṣā from margins.
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant phrases highlight in red; some folios treated with yellow turmeric powder to protect the manuscript from insects.
Extent1 9 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: iti vedanāsikāśikṣāsamāptaḥ // (f. 4v).
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century