Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Nyāsa
Other related names
- Maheśa, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7078666
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Hymns for recitation dedicated to Rudra, the Vedic precedent to the Hindu deity Śiva. Verses dedicated to Rudra appear to be drawn from the (Black) Yajurveda, possibly from or related to the Pāśupatasūtra.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; alternate titles Mahānyāsa and Rudranyāsa supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 11-12 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents in red throughout for recitation; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 11 x 22 cm
- Formerly owned by someone named Maheśa whose family name is obscured (f. 8v).
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Rudra (Hindu deity)
- Prayers (documents)
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century