Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Rudrasūktāni
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7082148
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Vedic hymns dedicated to the deity Rudra (an early form of the god Śiva) that are considered ancillary (vedāṅga) to the Vedas.
- Title from colophon (f. 5v); alternate title Rudrasūkta from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Devanāgari numbers on particle board accompanying the manuscript, written in modern pen.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; Vedic metrical accents in red throughout for recitation.
Extent1 13 x 20 cm
ColophonColophon: iti rudrasūktāni samāptāni śrīśubhaṃ bhavatu śrīkṛṣṇa (f. 5v).
- Rudra (Hindu deity)
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Hymns (documents)
- Prayers (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century