Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Viṣṇusūkta
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7082151
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Hymns from the Ṛgveda to the god Viṣṇu.
- Title from colophon (f. 7v).
- Written in 6-7 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; metrical accents in red throughout for recitation.
- Watermarks of the company name E. Wise & Co., a heart and some initials including the letter H, and the date 1823.
- Dated after 1823 based on a watermark.
Extent1 13 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti viṣṇusūktasamāptaḥ // (f. 7v).
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century