Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Śikṣā
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7082278
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is a short treatise on the grammatical structure of Vedic hymns and is considered part of Vedic supplementary literature, the Vedāṅga. Manuscript begins with the fourth chapter of Pāṇini's complete work but likely represents a particular short recension, reconfiguration, or selection of the larger work.
- Title from colophon (f. 5r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-10, upper left and lower right verso.
- Internal colophon: iti śikṣāsamāptimagamat // (f. 5r).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant words, characters and numbers highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 10 x 26 cm
- Sanskrit language--Grammar
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century