Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Muktāvalī
- Viśvanātha Nyāyapañcānana Bhaṭṭācārya
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7082668
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic and parts of speech from the perspective of the Vaiśeṣika branch of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy.
- Title from colophon (f. 15v); alternate title Siddhāntamuktāvalī supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 8-10 lines per leaf.
- 15 leaves foliated 1-15, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Watermark of a floral design, possibly part of a coat of arms.
Extent1 11 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: iti muktāvalī anumānakhaṃḍaṃ // (f. 15v).
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century