Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Hetvābhāsa
- Gadādharabhaṭṭācārya, active 17th century-18th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7093557
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logical fallacies (hetvābhāsa) from the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 12-15 lines per leaf.
- 28 leaves foliated 1-28, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 12 x 30 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Fallacies (Logic)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century