Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Mūlamathurāparāmarśa
- Gaṅgeśa, active 13th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7093565
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logical inference (parāmarśa) from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy. Manuscript is incomplete and lacks an ending.
- Title from abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 10-14 lines per leaf.
- 20 leaves foliated 1-20, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red at the beginning of manuscript. Folios at end of manuscript (f. 12r-20v) possibly written by a second scribe.
Extent1 11 x 28 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century