Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2132 Gādādharī / गादाधरी
TitleGādādharī / गादाधरी
- Gadādharabhaṭṭācārya, active 17th century-18th century
Other related names
- Sahasrabuddhi, Vyaṅkaṭeśa, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2132
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970936683503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy and is a commentary on the Tattvacintāmaṇidīdhiti of Raghunātha Śiromaṇi. Manuscript is divided into three sections. Manuscript was written in the city of Kāśī (Vārāṇasī) (f. 28v).
- Title from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 40 leaves foliated 1-40, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1751 (1829) (f. 28v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Scribe is Vyaṅkaṭeśa Sahasrabuddhi, son of Vināyaka Sahasrabuddhi (f. 14r).
Extent1 item (40 leaves) : 11 x 30 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2132: Gādādharī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.