Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2133 Pakṣatāṭippanī / पक्षताटिप्पनी
TitlePakṣatāṭippanī / पक्षताटिप्पनी
- Gadādharabhaṭṭācārya, active 17th century-18th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2133
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970936733503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy and is a commentary on the Tattvacintāmaṇidīdhiti of Raghunātha Śiromaṇi. The text is of one section, Pakṣatāṭippanī, of the larger work.
- Title from colophon (f. 72v).
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 73 leaves foliated 1-73, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated after 1829, the date in the watermark. The post-colophon date of śaka 1735 (1813) (f. 73r) suggests that this manuscript is a later copy of one written in 1813.
- Watermarks of a coat of arms with a lion holding a scepter and the date 1829.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout most of the manuscript; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (73 leaves) : 11 x 30 cm
ColophonColophon: iti pakṣatāṭippanīsamāptaḥ // śrīkṛṣṇārpaṇam astu // (f. 72v).
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2133: Pakṣatāṭippanī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.