Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Cintāmaṇi
- Gaṅgeśa, active 13th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7096926
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy. The text represents a small section of Gaṅgeśa's Tattvacintāmaṇi, the section titled Anumānakhaṇḍa (on inference). Beginning of text only.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; alternate title Anumānakhaṇḍa from title page.
- Written in 12 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 11 x 30 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century