Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Cintāmaṇi
- Gaṅgeśa, active 13th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7097051
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy. The text represents a small section of the larger work by Gaṅgeśa. Manuscript lacks an ending.
- Title from title abbreviations in margins; alternate title Cintāmaṇi from abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 10-13 lines per leaf.
- 10 leaves foliated 1-8, 10-11, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Watermarks of a coat of arms with the letters G. M. (possibly referring to the paper maker Gior Magnani) below it; another, though unclear, could be AL MASSO.
Extent1 11 x 30 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century