Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2142 Avayavagrantha / अवयवग्रन्थ
TitleAvayavagrantha / अवयवग्रन्थ
- Gaṅgeśa, active 13th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2142
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9970969373503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy. Manuscript is a collection of logical arguments. The text represents a small section of Gaṅgeśa's Tattvacintāmaṇi.
- Title from abbreviations in margins; alternate title Cintāmaṇi from title abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 11-13 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-4, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated after 1829 based on the watermark.
- Watermark with the date 1829.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 11 x 30 cm
ColophonColophon: ity avaya[va]graṃthaḥ // (f. 4v).
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2142: Avayavagrantha are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.