Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2170 Nyāyagrantha / न्यायग्रन्थ
TitleNyāyagrantha / न्यायग्रन्थ
- Nīlakaṇṭha, 1750-1840
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2170
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9971499013503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Unidentified fragment from a commentary, possibly Nīlakaṇṭha's Tarkasaṅgrahadīpikāprakāśikā since it includes numerous mentions of his name and some partial verse correspondences. This work is a commentary on Annambhaṭṭa's Tarkasaṅgraha, a treatise on the Vaiṣeśika branch of Nyāya philosophy; appears to have a devotional component focused on the deity Śiva. Lacks the end of the text.
- Title from wrapper notes.
- Written in 8-13 lines per leaf.
- 19 leaves foliated 1-19, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Watermark of a coat of arms.
Extent1 item (19 leaves) : 11 x 33 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2170: Nyāyagrantha are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.