Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2177 Upaśamaprakaraṇa / उपशमप्रकरण
TitleUpaśamaprakaraṇa / उपशमप्रकरण
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2177
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9971499063503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
The penultimate book (fifth of six) in a philosophical work expressed through a narrative, often considered a philosophical addendum to the Rāmāyaṇa. Presented as a dialogue between the sage Vasiṣṭha and king Rāma who seeks spiritual guidance. This book contains seven chapters. Includes excerpts from various schools of Hindu philosophy.
- Title from internal colophon (f. 18v).
- Written in 8-11 lines per leaf.
- 23 leaves foliated 1-23, upper left and lower right verso.
- Internal colophon: ity upaśamaprakaraṇe suradūpākhyānaṃ nāmasaptamaḥ sargaḥ // (f. 18v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (23 leaves) : 11 x 22 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Hindu mythology
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2177: Upaśamaprakaraṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.