Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2181 Ṛṇakṣayastotra / ऋणक्षयस्तोत्र
TitleṚṇakṣayastotra / ऋणक्षयस्तोत्र
Other related names
- Dāḍekara, Kṛṣṇa, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2181
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957792833503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
First part of manuscript is a text containing prayers and mantras recited in honor and worship (pūjā) of various Hindu deities such as the elephant-headed Gaṇeśa and Kṛṣṇa, in order to remove or liberate families and households from debt (ṛṇa). Second part of manuscript is a text containing prayers and mantras recited in honor of various Hindu goddess such as Bhāratī, Sarasvātī, Parvātī, and Śāradā, for increasing intelligence or wisdom (prajñā); text gives details of objects held by the goddesses such as a book, ceremonial grasses, a noose, and other things.
- Scribe is Kṛṣṇa Dāḍekara (f. 1v).
- Title from title incipit (f. 1r); alternate title of first part Ṛṇaharaṣaḍakṣaracintāmaṇistotra from colophon (f. 1r); second alternate title of first part Ṛṇamokṣastotra from native wrapping; title of second part Prajñāvardhanastotra from colophon (f. 1v).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 1 leaves foliated.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 9 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: [iti śrīma]dbhaviṣyottarapurāṇe ṛṇaharaṣaḍakṣaraciṃtāmaṇistotraṃ saṃpūrṇam śrīṣṭagurubhyonamaḥ (f. 1r).
- Spiritual intelligence
- Wisdom--Religious aspects
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Hindu goddesses
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Sarasvatī (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu mantras
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2181: Ṛṇakṣayastotra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.