Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Sopānapañcakastotra
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7209941
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Collection of poetic verses functioning as a devotional work, marginally associated with Vedānta philosophy and attributed to the philosopher Śaṅkarācārya, though more likely written by one of his followers.
- Title from colophon (f. 3v).
- Written in 6 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Possible partial watermarks of a coat of arms.
Extent1 11 x 18 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīśaṃkarācāryaviracite sopānapaṃcakastotraṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ // (f. 3v).
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Prayers (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century