Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Coll. 390 Bhagavadgītā
Call numberMs. Coll. 390
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 7209958
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Complete version of this Hindu epic, focusing on the relationship and discourse of Kṛṣṇa and Arjuna. Manuscript is small, pocket-sized text meant for personal use, recitation, prayer and meditation.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 5 lines per leaf.
- 165 leaves foliated 1-165, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1727 (1805) (f. 165v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 11 x 16 cm
- Arjuna (Hindu mythology)
- Epic literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu mythology
- Prayers (documents)
- Epic poems
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century